Usually, the humid levels within your home should range from 35 – 50%.
But not all humidifiers are up to the mark in balancing these humidity levels by its own.
While installing a humidifier, you may need to place an additional humidity sensor device in a room that can monitor the humid levels.
Based on the readings you need to alter the humidity levels every now and then.
But Worry Not!
All these hassles of past, are now replaced with changing technology.
Humidifier with humidistat or hygrometer is an all round solution for you these days.
Not only it works automatically to keep a balanced humidity levels in your room or building, but also saves you from all the hassles of monitoring the humidity levels on regular basis.
Especially for the dry winter season, a cool mist humidifier with humidistat is a most needed appliance in your home to regulate and discharge the cool mist of humidity in the air automatically.
High tech humidifier like this is highly important to keep your family healthy and safe from the deadly effects of cold winter air.
- Benefits of Humidifier with Humidistat
- 7 Best Humidifier With Humidistat Reviews
- Things To Check When Buying Humidifier with Humidity Sensor
Benefits of Humidifier with Humidistat
The built-in humidistat with LCD display is perhaps the best feature to have in modern day cool misting humidifiers.
With these humidifier, you just need to set your desired humidity levels and the device start humidifying the room to maintain the levels to your desired limit.
After reaching these levels, it stops automatically to start again when the humidity levels drops.
Some of the best advantages of installing this type of humidifier in your home are:
✅ Do Not Over Humidify: A room humidifier without a humidity control feature like humidstat can over-humidify the room after a certain point of time. This can lead to sever problems related to mold and fungi.
On the other hand an ultrasonic humidifier with a built-in humidistat monitors the humidity in a room automatically and can consistently maintain the optimum humidity levels between 40 – 55.
These can practically prevent the development of molds and other allergens due to high humidity problems.
✅ Low Noise and Less Maintenance: Unlike other normal air humidifiers, humidifier with a digital humidistat is much silent and delivers finest performance without any hassles of cleaning and maintenance.
It just requires an occasional changing of cartridge or filter (every three months depending on the water conditions) and you are good to go for whole season.
✅ Less Hassle to Refill The Water Tank Regularly: As humidifier with humidity sensor maintains the optimum humidity automatically and does not over-humidify your area, no water is wasted.
Since these machines requires less water, water tank in these humidifier lasts for more days, as compared to those without a humidity-control hygrometer installed.
7 Best Humidifier With Humidistat Reviews
Very low as well as extra dry humid atmosphere can cause several health problems including sore throats, dry skin, sinus, and many other respiratory congestion.
If you are really excited about trying the best advanced features of these humidifier with built in hygrometer, here we review some of the best models for you to check.
You may pick one among these based on your personal preference and requirement.
1- Elechomes Humidifier
Elechomes UC5501 Ultrasonic Humidifier with 6L capacity is one of our top favourite when it comes to choosing a best humidifier with a built-in humidistat.
With its smart humidity sensor it can quickly detect the relative humidity of a room accurately. This enables you to set the desired humidity levels you want in a room.
As soon as the humidity levels are achieved the unit turns off automatically, to start again when the humidity level drops again.
In addition to smart built in humidity sensing feature, few addition features that come with this Elechomes UC5501 humidifier device are:
- It comes with a remote to automate and control the humidity from a distance
- Ultrasonic dual warm and cool mist option to get desired humidity in all seasons
- Dual 360 degree rotatable nozzles, LED touch display, sleep mode and built-in aromatherapy box
- Can humidify a room of up to 750 sq ft with a tank that can last for up to 40 hours of continuous use
Although this humidifier with aromatherapy compartment allows you to enjoy the essence of your favorite essential oils just like a spa, care that you use the essential oils in the unit with utmost care.
Only use a built-in aromatherapy box or compartment to add the aroma oils and do not ever add the oils directly into the water tank. This can cause a leakage in the unit or can even clog or damage the unit.
2- VAVA Cool Mist Humidifier
VAVA Humidifier with humidistat comes in a capacious yet space-saving design that occupies very less space in your room.
Its most accurate humidity control sensor controls the humidity levels accurately so that you do not have to worry about the excessive dampness or mold due to high humidity.
Few key features of this VAVA humidifier are:
- 5L tank that can last for up to 14 hours in one filling
- Remote control included to operate the device from the comfort of your bed, couch, or desk
- Also comes with a LED Display, 3 Mist Levels, Sleep Mode, 360 degree dual nozzles, Timer and much more
Above all the unit works whisper-quiet in your room so that you and your family sleep comfortably all night without any disturbance.
3- Air Innovations Humidifier
Air Innovations Digital Humidifier also comes with a humidity sensor to control and maintain desired humidity levels automatically.
Some of the best features that come along with this Air Innovations unit are:
- Anti-Microbial Tank for pure, clean and hygienic moisture
- 37 gal tank that runs for up to 70 hours on one refilling
- Permanent ceramic filter that needs no replacement ever
- 4 mist settings, Auto shut off, whisper quiet operation and much more
4- LEVOIT Ultrasonic Humidifier
LEVOIT Humidifier automatically adjust the Humidity of a room and comes with a large capacity 5.5L tank to humidify your room quietly.
Some of the best features that come with this LEVOIT ultrasonic humidifier are:
- Adjustable dual 360° nozzles and a super high mist output to humidify the area fast
- Cool and Warm Mist feature (with 5 settings) to enjoy the most desiring mist in all seasons
- Aroma box to add essential oils that lets you enjoy this humidifier as an aromatherapy diffuser
- Touch Control Panel, Remote control, Night Light, cleaning brush, 1-year buyer assurance and much more
5- Vornado Evaporative Humidifier
Vornado Evap40 evaporative humidifier is another great humidifier in our list of best humidifier with humidistat feature.
This Vornado cool mist humidifier is comparatively bigger as compared to other humidifiers.
Some of the key features that comes with this incredibly lightweight humidifier portable unit are:
- Includes an air lock water tank which is easy to clean
- Comes with 2 distinct filters and bacteriostatic water treatment to reduce the bacteria build up in the tank
- Works powerfully in extreme dry conditions to automatic humidify your home of up to 1000 square feet
- Works whisper quiet all through the night with its signature vortex circulation mechanism to maintain optimum humidity noiselessly
Without a single thought you can pick this device to humidify your large area very well.
6- Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier
Honeywell Easy Fill Console Humidifier with humidistat is a highly efficient device that can easily humidify your multiple rooms and house evenly within few minutes.
Key features that makes the Honeywell Console Humidifier a great buy are:
- Auto shut-off to control and humidify your home evenly
- Evaporative Technology that blows the moisture off a wicking filter
- Comes with a 3 gallon water tank that works for 24 hrs. on low humidity setting
Above all this humidifying appliance comes with a reputed brand and with proper warranty so you can never go wrong when choosing this for your home.
7- AIRCARE Console Humidifier Whole House
AirCare Pedestal Evaporative Humidifier comes with a built in digital humidistat that works automatically to maintain the most comfortable and desired humidity levels with all the accuracy.
Some of the unique most features that come with this AirCare humidifier model are:
- 9 fan speed settings that enables you to select the desiring performance level
- Front fill design that allows you to pour the water easily – no carrying of tank to fill the water
- Natural tile insert to decorate indoor plant, vase, or figurine – perfect for decorating your home as per your room décor
In case you are looking for a beautiful whole house humidifier with a humidistat feature, this is the best machine to go with.
Things To Check When Buying Humidifier with Humidity Sensor
Now that you know the benefits of having a cool mist humidifier with humidstat, you need to have a better idea about the important things you need to check when buying.
All you need to watch out for factors such as:
- Digital controls
- Refilling convenience
- Capacity to humidify the area
- Ease in handling and maintenance
While buying the device online compare the features and prices to choose the one that is most suited as per your family, room size and budget.
By installing a device like these, we ensure that you will definitely going to notice the difference in your health and energy bills immediately.
Eliana is a nurse by profession who loves writing online, spending time with her family and caring for seniors. She has already worked as an associate editor on various mom, baby, home appliances, kitchen and healthy living blogs. In her spare time she also enjoys drawing, reading/writing kindle eBooks and improving her skills a bit.