Air is the most essential thing that every living creature need for its survival. Breathing is possible only with the availability of air. The quality of air is an important aspect among the matters regarding the air. The amount of water vapor in air is termed as humidity and the humidity level decides the comfort condition inside a living space. Modern inventions include devices to control the quality of air and humidity level of the atmosphere.
Air Purifier – for purifying the air you breathe
Air purifier is the device, which removes the contaminants of air and removes the impure particles. Air get polluted by the interference of harmful smokes, chemicals, dust particles and other particulate contaminants. This polluted air upon breathing cause many breathing problems like eosinophilia, asthma and other allergies.
The quality of air matters to remove these discomforts and air purifier can be used to improve the quality of air we breathe. Air purifier removes the particulate contaminates, dusts, smoke particles, small microbes like dust mites, pollen particles etc.
Air purifier can be incorporated with HVAC system or Air Handling Unit of large buildings to maintain good and fresh air. Depending upon the process effectiveness and particulate matter, a number of techniques are available for purification process of air using the air purifier. This include
- Ultraviolet germ irradiation which uses the ultraviolet light for killing the germs and microbes
- Activated carbon which is a highly purified form of charcoal which remove the particles on a chemical basis
- Filters to remove solid particles which may vary in various filter sizes for different particle sizes
- Polarized media electronic filters which incorporates the help of electricity for the purification process
- Photo catalytic oxidation use the chemical processes for the removal of contaminants
- Ionizer purifier incorporates electrically charged particles to attract small particles to it which can be absorbed on the charge absorber and are commonly known as electrostatic precipitators
- Ozone generators find another solution for air purification as ozone is a good reactant against poisonous particles.
Humidifier – decides the moisture level of the air you breathe
Humidifier is a device that helps to maintain the moisture level in the room space. The moisture level refers to the amount of water vapor present in the air. Humidifier consists of a reservoir tank to store water, a wick and a fan. The wick absorbs water into the surface and the fan is blown to enhance the evaporation of water from the wick. The evaporated water particles stay suspended in the atmosphere that maintains the desired moisture level. The humidifiers thus are self-regulating devices.
The device can be connected to the HVAC duct that supplies the conditioned air into the space. Humidifiers are available different size, which suits the purpose for a single room to a large building. Humidifiers are of mainly two kinds namely warm mist humidifiers and cool mist humidifiers.
Humidifiers are recommended by physicians for easy breathe for their patients and humidifiers can be beneficial in dry climatic condition which cause dryness of skin and lips, damage of wooden articles etc. Varieties of humidifiers are available in the market that suits all your requirements.
What you should choose:
As a matter of fact you should choose both of these devices for your room as both of these have different functionalities and usage. But if you are on a tight budget and want to purchase one of them at first, you should decide your requirements.
If you feel that you are living in a polluted atmosphere you should first go for purchasing an air purifier and then later on buy a humidifier.
Incoming search terms:
- cool mist humidifier vs air purifier
- difference between air humidifier and air purifier
- difference between humidifier air purifier
- humidifier vs air purifier
- humidifier vs purifier
- what is diff between diffuser and cool mist humidifier
- whats different between diffuser n purifier